It's been a busy week of projects for me. After much thought, I decided against marbling the nightclub floor, so I spent one whole day cutting out and sticking down one hundred and twenty 40 mm square tiles for the floor instead. It was quite tedious and I was happy when it was finally completed. I think the scale looks about right, the tiles would be 24cm (roughly 9.5in) tiles IRL.
However, I'm not so sure about the supposedly 1:6 scale piano which arrived Friday, it's a little smaller than I expected. The measurements read L7.87in x W5.51in x H6.30in, but I didn't realise that the height measurement was taken when the lid was up! It's actually only 4 inches high with lid closed, so I'm going to have to either look for a short doll or chop the doll's legs off at the knees to get it to fit properly behind the piano! :)
I also spent a good deal of time browsing online and in Bunnings for something I could use as columns, but more on that later. Of course having projects on both blogs easily eats up my time and the week has flown by before I know it.
There's still a little way to go with this project, I haven't quite finished decorating the walls, or put the skirt on the stage, or made covers for the chairs . . . and so on it goes, always something else to add or improve . . . but that's what makes it so much fun.
Although I decided against a short doll or one I would have to dismember, I did manage to find a male IT doll at a reasonable price, who I might add looks nothing like a jazz pianist, but I'm not really into male dolls that much, that I am overly fussy about his looks. As long as he was reasonably handsome, and he is, I was happy. :)