Every New Yorker has a spot they call their own, a place where they go to unwind . . .

. . . for those from the East 59th precinct, it was The White Panther Jazz Club, the oldest jazz spot in the city situated among the poorly lit, seedy back streets of New York.

Residents of this city were renowned for their progressive attitudes and The White Panther Jazz Club always had a cutting edge music scene which they all enjoyed. It hosted some of the biggest names in Jazz and had a comfortable, intimate space, where you could drop by for a quick cocktail, or make a total evening of it.

It was the perfect meeting place for the girls and tonight was special . . . Kate was singing. Her vocal style, strongly inspired by instrumentalists, was often regarded as having purity of tone and wonderful improvisational ability.


-oOo-

Work in Progress
is the making of The White Panther Jazz Club, step by step.

The Players
are the dolls that play a part in my story.

On the Catwalk
custom designed clothing made for the players.

Comments

  1. She is so beautiful! I love this photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanna, I think she's the perfect doll for my singer in this story. I am so pleased you like her.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  2. Ah what a beautiful introduction to the Jazz Club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alasse. There's still much more to do on this blog, but it's getting there, albeit slowly. :)
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  3. I love how stylish she looks! Plus, I love the name of the club :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chiriann. I need to make her some new costumes, but it all takes time.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  4. Waw, beautiful doll, i like this blue dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a stunner alright!! :) I love IT dolls, they are so lifelike.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I always enjoy the interaction with my readers.