Sound Check

Miles Morgan arrived early at The White Panther Jazz Club. He knew a live performance can be the most captivating way of portraying music and as the only male performing that evening, it was up to him to ensure everything was in order.


First thing he did was check the microphones to make sure they were working. Without the proper microphones to give Kate and his instruments the power they needed, their stage presence would suffer. Miles was a musician of high calibre and he would be devastated if Kate, his beautiful songbird, was not heard clearly by the audience.


He also liked to start the evening with a reasonably neat stage, so as usual, Miles coiled up the cables and placed the microphone stand neatly in position on the dance floor according to Kate's wishes. She didn't mind singing on stage, however, she much preferred to be closer to her audience, many of which had become her friends.

-oOo-

Miles will be re-styled at a later date when I can either find or make appropriate clothes . . . but that hair has to go, it's just far too long for the period. However, it's easier said than done, even though I know it's simply a matter of me summoning enough courage to cut it! Wish me luck. :)

Comments

  1. I like that Miles is very "Workplace Health and Safety" conscious and that he take's care of Kate in something as small as making sure she doesn't trip on any cables and that she's close to the audience like she wants to be. Very considerate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Alasse. :) I think this is the nicer side of his personality, but fastidious people can sometimes reveal a dark side.
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete
  2. I like reading about your Jazz Club a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanna. This will probably not be a fast moving story, but it's one that's bringing me joy as I write. :)
      Big hugs,
      X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I always enjoy the interaction with my readers.